UFC Odds Set for Georges St-Pierre Comeback

Mike Schultz | Wed. Jun 22 2016, 11:06 am

Georges St-Pierre, the 35-year-old former UFC welterweight champion, has finally answered the question he’s been asked for the last three years. In an interview with Ariel Helwani on an episode of The MMA Hour earlier this week, Helwani flat out asked St-Pierre if he was officially announcing that he was coming out of retirement, to which St-Pierre responded: “Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. I’m ready.”

Georges St-Pierre UFC Comeback Odds

Sports Interaction has posted odds on who might be a potential matchup for St-Pierre’s return fight, as well as odds on how many fights he may have when he comes out of retirement.

MMA Betting Bet on UFC Odds at Sports Interaction Sportsbook

St-Pierre hasn’t fought since he successfully defended his title against Johnny Hendricks three years ago, and was clear to state that he had yet to make anything official with the UFC.

“My agents, even before I came on the show today, they briefed me. They said, ‘don’t say this, don’t say that.’ They briefed me, they said, ‘we’re in negotiations, remember, blah, blah, blah.”

St-Pierre discussed his desire to return to the Octagon to maintain his record as the fighter with the most wins in UFC history, which he is currently tied at with Michael Bisping at 19.

“I love my sport and I still feel I’m at my best right now. The clock is running. I’m not getting any younger. I’m in the peak of my career and if there is a shot, there is another goal, another run, I better do it and do it quick, because it is time to do it now.”

St-Pierre made specific mention of current title-holder Michael Bisping when discussing possible opponents, saying “there’s two things that I’m very proud of — my welterweight title that I won and the record that I hold for most wins in UFC history,” St-Pierre said. “Now I have someone who is challenging me in Michael Bisping.”

As for Conor McGregor, GSP didn’t rule out a fight with him either. Rumor had it that McGregor would have faced GSP if he had beaten Nate Diaz at UFC 196. After losing that fight, McGregor is now scheduled for a rematch with Diaz at UFC 202.