There wasn’t much movement this week but one big name took a tumble while several teams are now knocking on the door of the Power Rankings.
1. Alabama (5-0, 2-0 SEC, 2-3 ATS) The Tide haven’t been kind to bettors but they just keep on winning comfortably. No doubts about top spot. Last week: W 33-14 vs. Ole Miss. Next up: October 13 at Missouri.
2. Oregon (5-0, 2-0 Pac-12, 1-4 ATS) The Ducks have hurt bettors in 2012 but they are still amazing to watch in action. Last week: W 51-26 at Washington State. Next up: Saturday vs. Washington.
3. Florida State (4-0, 2-0 ACC, 2-3 ATS) The Seminoles leapfrog three SEC teams this week on the basis of sluggish displays by all three. Last week: W 30-17 at South Florida. Next up: Saturday at NC State.
4. LSU (5-0, 2-0 SEC, 2-3 ATS) This is getting beyond dicey. A laboured performance against a FCS school does not bode well. Last week: W 38-22 vs. Towson. Next up: Saturday at Florida.
5. Georgia (5-0, 3-0 SEC, 2-3 ATS) The Dawgs can afford to be in another shootout like that this season. Huge game Saturday against the team directly below them in these standings. Last week: W 51-44 vs. Tennessee. Next up: Saturday at South Carolina.
6. South Carolina (5-0, 3-0 SEC, 4-1 ATS) Covering is always welcome but the Gamecocks trailed 17-7 at the half against a terrible Kentucky team. Need to improve before the Dawgs come to town. Last week: W 37-17 at Kentucky. Next up: Saturday vs. Georgia.
7. Kansas State (4-0, 1-0 Big 12, 3-1 ATS) No game last week, my inner cynic would call their next match-up a bye as well. Last week: Idle. Next up: Saturday vs. Kansas.
8. Notre Dame (4-0, 3-1 ATS) Another team coming back from a week off. The Irish face a Miami team fresh off an inspiring win over the Wolfpack. Last week: Idle. Next up: Saturday vs. Miami (FL).
9. TCU (4-0, 1-0 Big 12, 2-2 ATS) The Horned Frogs made hard work of a bad team last week. They face a tricky match-up at home this week. Last week: W 24-16 at SMU. Next up: Saturday vs. Iowa State.
10. West Virginia (4-0, 1-0 Big 12, 1-3 ATS) Well that was exciting. Geno Smith looks the real deal but he’ll need some help from West Virginia’s D on Saturday. Last week: W 70-63 vs. Baylor. Next up: Saturday at Texas.
11. Texas (4-0, 1-0 Big 12, 3-1 ATS) Huge road win over the defending conference champions. Another big game ahead this weekend. Last week: W 41-36 at Oklahoma State. Next up: Saturday vs. West Virginia.
12. Ohio State (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten, 2-3 ATS) The Buckeyes showed great toughness in their road win over the Spartans. They’ll need to show the same determination when the Huskers visit. Last week: W 17-16 at Michigan State. Next up: Saturday vs. Nebraska.
13. Oregon State (3-0, 2-0 Pac-12, 3-0 ATS) The Beavers are in dream land right now. I don’t see it ending this Saturday/ Last week: W 38-35 at Arizona U. Next up: Saturday vs. Washington State.
14. Mississippi State (4-0, 1-0 SEC, 2-2 ATS) The Bulldogs rested at the weekend, they’ll be hungry for their clash with the Wildcats on Saturday. Last week: Idle. Next up: Saturday at Kentucky.
15. Washington (3-1, 1-0 Pac-12, 2-2 ATS) Welcome to the party Huskies. A home win over the Cardinal makes Washington the only new entry to the countdown. Enjoy it while it lasts, big challenge this Saturday night. Last week: W 17-13 vs. Stanford. Next up: Saturday at Oregon.
16 Ohio (5-0, 1-0 MAC, 3-2 ATS) The Bobcats survived a big scare. We didn’t punish them directly but that unimpressive display meant they split two Pac-12 teams rather than leading both. Last week: W 37-34 at UMass. Next up: Saturday vs. Buffalo.
17. Stanford (3-1, 1-1 Pac-12, 2-2 ATS) That was quite the way to burst your own bubble. The Cardinal go back to the drawing board. Last week: L 17-13 at Washington. Next up: Saturday vs. Arizona U.
18. Clemson (4-1, 1-1 ACC, 3-2 ATS) Took care of business against BC. That loss to the Noles will probably cost Clemson a place in the ACC title game but going 11-1 would likely send them to the BCS. Last week: W 45-31 at Boston College. Next up: Saturday vs. Georgia Tech.
19. Oklahoma (2-1, 0-1 Big 12, 1-2 ATS) Considering the start for both teams, the trip to Texas Tech no longer looks like a gimme. Last week: Idle. Next up: Saturday at Texas Tech.
20. Louisville (5-0, 0-0 Big East, 2-3 ATS) These close games aren’t encouraging. The Cardinals remain unbeaten but now it’s time for conference play. Last week: W 21-17 at Southern Miss. Next up: October 13 at Pitt.
21. Rutgers (4-0, 1-0 Big East, 3-1 ATS) The Scarlet Knights were off last week and have their conference opener this weekend. Last week: Idle. Next up: Saturday vs. UConn.
22. USC (2-1, 1-1 Pac-12, 1-3 ATS) Another team out of action last week, the Trojans will be big favourites for their next outing. Last week: Idle. Next up: Thursday at Utah.
23. Northwestern (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten, 5-0 ATS) The Wildcats may be battling a light slate so far but they remain the best Big Ten team eligible for the post-season. Last week: W 44-29 vs. Indiana. Next up: Saturday at Penn State.
24. Florida (4-0, 2-0 SEC, 3-1 ATS) The Gators could make a big jump this week if they stop the Tigers at home. Last week: Idle. Next up: October 6 vs. LSU.
25. UCLA (4-1, 1-1 Pac-12, 4-1 ATS) The Bruins just about stay in the rankings with a big road win over the Buffs. Last week: W 42-14 at Colorado. Next up: Saturday at Cal.
Next Five Out: Boise State, Cincinnati Louisiana Tech, Miami (FL), Nebraska.
Follow Sports Interaction on Twitter.