NHL Trade Deadline Updates: 2017 Deals and Rumors
- Updated: February 22, 2017
The 2017 NHL Trade Deadline is ay 3 p.m. ET on March 1st. So far, a lot of the chatter and rumors involve bigger name players like Kevin Shattenkirk, Matt Duchene and Ben Bishop, but of course there’s bound to be plenty of lower-profile trades going on for teams on the playoff hunt hoping to bolster their rosters. The Habs will probably make some moves to compliment their coaching change, and to ensure a real chance at a Cup run.
Teams like Toronto and Pittsburgh are hoping to stack their blue lines with more veterans, and the Flames have netminder needs that this trade deadline could fix. Check back here often for the most up-to-date trades and rumors as the deadline approaches. Check out Sports Interaction’s NHL betting action here.
2017 Official NHL Trades
MARCH 1: Winnipeg Jets trade F Drew Stafford to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.
MARCH 1: Ottawa Senators trade F Curtis Lazar and D Michael Kostka to the Calgary Flames for D Jyrki Jokipakka a second-round pick in the 2017 draft.
MARCH 1: New Jersey Devils trade F PA Parenteau to the Nashville Predators for a sixth-round pick in the 2017 draft.
MARCH 1: Tampa Bay Lightning trade D Mark Streit to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a fourth-round pick in the 2018 draft.
MARCH 1: Tampa Bay Lightning trade F Valtteri Filppula, a fourth-round pick and a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2017 draft to Philadelphia Flyers for D Mark Streit.
MARCH 1: The Columbus BlueJackets acquire D Kyle Quincey from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for D Dalton Prout.
MARCH 1: New York Rangers trade F Justin Fontaine to the Edmonton Oilers for F Taylor Beck
MARCH 1: The Los Angeles Kings acquire Jarome Iginla from the Colorado Avalanche for a 2018 conditional fourth-round pick.
MARCH 1: Florida Panthers acquire Thomas Vanek from the Red Wings for Dylan McIlrath and 3rd rounder.
MARCH 1: Los Angeles Kings trade F Dwight King to the Montreal Canadiens for conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 Draft.
MARCH 1: Colorado Avalanche trade F Joe Whitney to the Arizona Coyotes for F Brendan Ranford.
MARCH 1: Detroit Red Wings trade F Steve Ott to Montreal Canadiens for sixth-round pick in the 2018 Draft.
MARCH 1: Vancouver Canucks trade F Jannik Hansen to San Jose Sharks for F Nikolay Goldobin, conditional fourth-round pick in 2017 Draft.
FEBRUARY 28: Montreal Canadiens trade F David Desharnais to Edmonton Oilers for D Brandon Davidson
FEBRUARY 28: Dallas Stars trade D Johnny Oduya to Chicago Blackhawks for F Mark McNeill and conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2018 Draft
FEBRUARY 28: New York Rangers trade D Mat Bodie to Buffalo Sabres for F Daniel Catenacci
FEBRUARY 28: Carolina Hurricanes trade F Viktor Stalberg to Ottawa Senators for third-round pick in 2017 Draft
FEBRUARY 28: Detroit Red Wings trade D Brendan Smith to New York Rangers for third-round pick in 2017 Draft, second-round pick in 2018 Draft
FEBRUARY 27: The Washington Capitals land defenceman Kevin Shattenkirk and goaltender Phoenix Copley from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for prospect Zach Sanford, a first-round draft pick, and a conditional draft pick.
FEBRUARY 27: The Vancouver Canucks have traded Alex Burrows to the Ottawa Senators for prospect Johnathan Dahlen.
FEBRUARY 27: The Montreal Canadiens acquire D Jordie Benn from the Dallas Stars for Greg Pateryn and a 4th-round pick in 2017.
FEBRUARY 27: The Toronto Maple Leafs acquire F Brian Boyle from the Tampa Bay Lightning for Byron Froese and a 2nd round pick in 2017.
FEBRUARY 27: The Minnesota Wild have traded Teemu Pulkkinen to the Arizona Coyotes for future considerations.
FEBRUARY 26: The Arizona Coyotes have traded F Martin Hanzal, F Ryan White and a fourth-round pick in 2017 Draft to the Minnesota Wild for F Grayson Downing, a first-round pick in 2017 Draft, a second-round pick in 2018 and a conditional pick in 2019.
FEBRUARY 26: The Tampa Bay Lightning have traded G Ben Bishop and a fifth-round pick in the 2017 Draft to the Los Angeles Kings for G Peter Budaj, D Erik Cernak, a seventh-round pick and a conditional pick in the 2017 Draft.
FEBRUARY 25: The Tampa Bay Lightning have traded F Jeremy Morin to the Arizona Coyotes for F Stefan Fournier.
FEBRUARY 24: The Detroit Red Wings have traded Tomas Jurco to the Chicago Blackhawks for a third-round pick in the 2017 Draft.
FEBRUARY 24: The Dallas Stars have traded F Patrick Eaves to the Anaheim Ducks for a conditional second-round pick in the 2017 Draft.
FEBRUARY 23: The Carolina Hurricanes have traded defenseman Ron Hainsey to the Pittsburgh Penguins for forward Danny Kristo, second-round pick in 2017 Draft.
FEBRUARY 21: The Carolina Hurricanes have traded defenseman Keegan Lowe to the Montreal Canadiens for defenseman Philip Samuelsson.
FEBRUARY 20: The Arizona Coyotes have traded D Michael Stone to Calgary Flames for third-round pick in 2017 Draft, conditional fifth-round pick in 2018
FEBRUARY 18: The New Jersey Devils have traded forward Sergey Kalinin to the Toronto Maple Leafs for defenseman Viktor Loov.
2017 NHL Trade Rumors
- The Carolina Hurricanes may move 24-year-old defenceman Justin Faulk before the deadline. The right-handed blueliner would be a hot commodity now that Shattenkirk has landed in Washington.
- All reports indicate the Detroit Red Wings are open for business. Numerous players are on the block including Brendan Smith, Riley Sheahan, Mike Green, Thomas Vanek and Steve Ott.
- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller says he’s willing to listen if the team asks him to remove his no-trade clause.
- Kevin Shattenkirk is one of the names that teams are most excited about. He’s 28, a fast moving defensman, and is on track to score 40 points for the 6th year in a row. He’s a UFA as of July, and the Blues would have to make some big moves to afford him. The Rangers, Oilers and Devils have all been rumored as interested in picking him up.
- Ben Bishop, the Lightning’s 30 year-old netminder has a career .919 save percentage and has experience taking his team all the way to the Finals. For teams in dire need of goalies, Bishop is probably the best on offer.
- As the Colorado Avalanche have melted down this season, the fate of Matt Duchene has started to circulate on the rumor mill as the deadline draws near. He’s expensive at $6 million a year, but is one of the most desirable players available and would strengthen any team that could afford him.
- Jarome Iginla is 39 years old and is in the final year of his contract with the league-last Colorado Avalanche. He’s definitely not putting up the numbers he used to, but teams wanting to make a playoff run wouldn’t be hurt by his postseason experience. He has a total of 68 points in the 81 playoff games he’s participated in.