Ranking the New Year’s Day Bowl Games
- By Al Dannity
- Updated: December 31, 2012
6. Heart of Dallas Bowl - Purdue vs. Oklahoma Statehttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-Mike-Gundy.jpg
Nothing against the Cowboys here, I just can’t see anyone wanting to watch a 6-6 Purdue team.
5. Capital One Bowl - Georgia vs. Nebraskahttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Georgia-Bulldogs-Jarvis-Jones.jpg
Two teams coming off the back of conference title game losses mean this game lacks the fire of years past.
4. Gator Bowl - Mississippi State vs. Northwesternhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northwestern-Wildcats-Kain-Colter.jpg
It’s all about one thing. Can the Wildcats finally end their bowl curse?
3. Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. Stanfordhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Stanford-Cardinal-Stepfan-Taylor.jpg
I hate putting the Grandaddy of them all this low but an 8-5 Wisconsin team does little to inspire.
2. Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois vs. Florida Statehttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northern-Illinois-Huskies-Jordan-Lynch.jpg
Who doesn’t love a good David and Goliath battle? Especially when David has a dual-threat quarterback like Jordan Lynch.
1. Outback Bowl - South Carolina vs. Michiganhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Michigan-Wolverines-Denard-Robinson.jpg
It’s Denard Robinson’s last game with Michigan and he’ll be hunted by Jadaveon Clowney. Bring. It. On!
January 1 is the biggest day of the College Football bowl calendar and Al Dannity has ranked the six games. Tell us what you make of Al’s selections either in the comments or on Twitter @SIASport.
This past Monday was the deadline for interested parties to submit applications for NHL expansion teams, and of the...
- Blue Jackets star Ryan Johansen has a backyard a sports fan could only dream of. http://t.co/gR4MiNNWuF http://t.co/cn7jL5jiFN
about 7 hours ago
- Arian Foster suffers groin injury that may require surgery. Houston Texan Over/Under 8.5 wins? http://t.co/4ruwNnJUlg
about 8 hours ago
- MLB to take over NHL web media in partnership beginning in 2016. Hockey fans, rejoice! http://t.co/tKI8W5FhnM
about 8 hours ago
- Didn't we learn anything from Broke? LaMarcus Aldridge building a second house for his SNEAKER COLLECTION. http://t.co/kpcpvnEvBS
about 9 hours ago
- Beware the beard. Washington Nationals giving out Jayson Werth chia dolls on Wednesday. http://t.co/sqcbqJQa07
about 10 hours ago