Ranking the New Year’s Day Bowl Games
- By Al Dannity
- Updated: December 31, 2012
6. Heart of Dallas Bowl - Purdue vs. Oklahoma Statehttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-Mike-Gundy.jpg
Nothing against the Cowboys here, I just can’t see anyone wanting to watch a 6-6 Purdue team.
5. Capital One Bowl - Georgia vs. Nebraskahttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Georgia-Bulldogs-Jarvis-Jones.jpg
Two teams coming off the back of conference title game losses mean this game lacks the fire of years past.
4. Gator Bowl - Mississippi State vs. Northwesternhttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northwestern-Wildcats-Kain-Colter.jpg
It’s all about one thing. Can the Wildcats finally end their bowl curse?
3. Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. Stanfordhttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Stanford-Cardinal-Stepfan-Taylor.jpg
I hate putting the Grandaddy of them all this low but an 8-5 Wisconsin team does little to inspire.
2. Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois vs. Florida Statehttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northern-Illinois-Huskies-Jordan-Lynch.jpg
Who doesn’t love a good David and Goliath battle? Especially when David has a dual-threat quarterback like Jordan Lynch.
1. Outback Bowl - South Carolina vs. Michiganhttps://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Michigan-Wolverines-Denard-Robinson.jpg
It’s Denard Robinson’s last game with Michigan and he’ll be hunted by Jadaveon Clowney. Bring. It. On!
January 1 is the biggest day of the College Football bowl calendar and Al Dannity has ranked the six games. Tell us what you make of Al’s selections either in the comments or on Twitter @SIASport.
Get your snacks and drinks sorted and settle in; Super Bowl 50 is upon us as the -5.5 favorite...
- Guinness brewed a J.J. Watt beer called 99. BRILLIANT! https://t.co/ng86nLuU7V
about 9 hours ago
- If this is true, #Habs have been lying about Carey Price's injury for "marketing" purposes. Surprised #MTL? https://t.co/adISawLLUJ
about 10 hours ago
- Pass it to Milos! Raonic over/under 3.5 points in the #NBAAllStarTO celeb game? #the6ix #OVO #Drake https://t.co/kYkU9PdXH6
about 11 hours ago
- The @TorontoRockLax is an underdog for a Valentine's Day battle vs. New England. Place your #NLL bets! https://t.co/mYIVNHnzNb
about 11 hours ago
- Team Drake are 2.5-point underdogs vs. Team Hart @NBAAllStar. #NBAAllStarTO #the6ix #OVO https://t.co/kYkU9PdXH6 https://t.co/aYstPePq7t
about 12 hours ago