Ranking the New Year’s Day Bowl Games
- By Al Dannity
- Updated: December 31, 2012
6. Heart of Dallas Bowl - Purdue vs. Oklahoma Statehttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-Mike-Gundy.jpg
Nothing against the Cowboys here, I just can’t see anyone wanting to watch a 6-6 Purdue team.
5. Capital One Bowl - Georgia vs. Nebraskahttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Georgia-Bulldogs-Jarvis-Jones.jpg
Two teams coming off the back of conference title game losses mean this game lacks the fire of years past.
4. Gator Bowl - Mississippi State vs. Northwesternhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northwestern-Wildcats-Kain-Colter.jpg
It’s all about one thing. Can the Wildcats finally end their bowl curse?
3. Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. Stanfordhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Stanford-Cardinal-Stepfan-Taylor.jpg
I hate putting the Grandaddy of them all this low but an 8-5 Wisconsin team does little to inspire.
2. Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois vs. Florida Statehttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Northern-Illinois-Huskies-Jordan-Lynch.jpg
Who doesn’t love a good David and Goliath battle? Especially when David has a dual-threat quarterback like Jordan Lynch.
1. Outback Bowl - South Carolina vs. Michiganhttp://news-test2.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/slideshow-gallery/Michigan-Wolverines-Denard-Robinson.jpg
It’s Denard Robinson’s last game with Michigan and he’ll be hunted by Jadaveon Clowney. Bring. It. On!
January 1 is the biggest day of the College Football bowl calendar and Al Dannity has ranked the six games. Tell us what you make of Al’s selections either in the comments or on Twitter @SIASport.
Yesterday, the Toronto Maple Leafs caught the biggest (and most expensive) fish in the free agent coaching pond, and...
- Charles Barkley lost a game of Jenga and looked like his dog just died. http://t.co/kEGMGmOH5o
about 4 hours ago
- The Marlins snapped a losing streak, so they celebrated with a pool party. http://t.co/Wckkaq7P45
about 5 hours ago
- The #UFC dished out a pile of cash to make this new Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo (-140) video promo. http://t.co/0RorE0Zz4K
about 6 hours ago
- The Blueshirts lost Game 5 because this dude came to the rink in a Tim Tebow New York Rangers sweater. #NYR http://t.co/vtGL3u6AfQ
about 7 hours ago
- Boston bar offers Free Brady IPA Blonde IPA to raise money for charity, prolong #Deflategate. #PatsNation #Pats http://t.co/3YojFUCUgc
about 8 hours ago